These Breakfast Rolls are filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage & cheese then rolled in homemade dough and baked to perfection. These rolls are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 TBSP yeast
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2- 3 cups flour
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 12-15 cooked sliced of thin bacon chopped
- 6 cooked breakfast sausages chopped
- 4 large eggs scrambled
- Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl and let sit for about 3-4 minutes, until yeast is bubbling up. Add in oil, salt and flour. Start with 2 1/2 cups of flour, then add more until the dough cleans the sides of the mixing bowl. (I use a mixer for this part as it makes it just so much easier!) Continue mixing for an additional 3-4 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 15 minutes. In cold weather, I like to turn my oven on for about 3 or 4 minutes, then turn it off and let my dough rest in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray counter top with non-stick cooking spray and roll dough out into a large rectangle about 1/4? thick. Brush dough with melted butter, then spread with scrambled eggs. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top (reserving about 1/2 cup for later), then spread bacon and sausage.
- Starting with one of the long sides of the rectangle, roll dough up tightly, working from one end to the other end horizontally, then back again. Pinch the seams closed at the end. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut 1 1/2? sections of dough from the large roll. This will result in about 15 rolls.
- Set rolls on a large greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and top rolls with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Return to oven for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted and rolls are just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter again, if desired. Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.