A pitcher of sangria made with white wine, fruit, and liqueur will get the party started.
- 6 cups assorted fruits (such as mango, pineapple, cantaloupe, and apricot), sliced or cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh basil or mint leaves
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 bottle crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- In a large bowl or pitcher, combine fruit, ginger, basil or mint, and orange liqueur.
- Mash gently with the back of a wooden spoon until basil is bruised and fruit releases juices.
- Add wine and lemon juice and stir to combine. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
- To serve, fill eight glasses with ice and top with sangria.